Local government in Mpumalanga is organised into three district municipalities. The province also has 17 smaller local municipalities, each falling under one of the district municipalities.
Mpumalanga is divided into three district municipalities.
The province also has 17 smaller local municipalities, each falling under one of the district municipalities.
Mpumalanga has no metropolitan municipalities.
District municipalities in Mpumalanga
|Square kilometres||Number of people||People per square kilometre|
READ MORE ABOUT LOCAL GOVERNMENT:
- Local government in the Eastern Cape
- Local government in the Free State
- Local government in Gauteng
- Local government in KwaZulu-Natal
- Local government in Limpopo
- Local government in Mpumalanga
- Local government in the Northern Cape
- Local government in North West
- Local government in the Western Cape
READ MORE ABOUT SOUTH AFRICA’S PROVINCES:
- The nine provinces of South Africa
- The population of South Africa’s provinces
- The land area of South Africa’s provinces
- Gallery: The Eastern Cape
- Gallery: The Free State
- Infographic: The economies of South Africa’s nine provinces
- Infographic: Population density in South Africa’s provinces
- Infographic: What languages are spoken in South Africa’s provinces?
- The provinces and ‘homelands’ of South Africa before 1996
Data source: Statistics South Africa’s 2016 Community Survey
Thanks and credit to Htonl, who makes public-funded data available to the public and creates maps of South Africa you can’t find anywhere else.
Researched, written and designed by Mary Alexander.
Updated 10 June 2018.
Categories: Infographics, The land
You must be logged in to post a comment.